....

the random ramblings of a 20-something mommy with 2 kids. Occasionally an entry makes sense but follow me anyways and enjoy the ride :) haha!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Treat Others As You Wish To Be Treated

Simple enough of a concept! Why is it that not enough people follow it? "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all..." "Treat others with respect and they'll respect you" "Treat everyone as an equal..." The list goes on.... How come these "rules" are hardly ever applied to real life? To be honest I'm not quite sure who instilled these in me but I do follow them. I am proud to say that most of the people in my life follow them as well. However, a day doesn't go by that you run into someone that ignores these simple rules of engagement. Especially when it comes to RESPECT! Granted, I think Respect should be earned. However, If I don't know you or are meeting you for the first time, I will respect you until you lose my respect.

As a single mother with two kids I run into all kinds of judgements. Nevermind the fact that my girls have different fathers! Talk about judgement. I must be a whore, right? This concept is beyond laughable. The people that know me know my story. They know that is the furtherest from the truth. Maybe I'll explain it one day. The truth is everyone has a story to tell. Yes, some are bad stories that might not put them in the best of light. Some stories will make you cry and some are as simple as can be. My story is somewhat complex and I wouldn't wish upon anyone. I will say my story has a happy ending, two beautiful girls!

Don't judge a book by its cover. My favorite!! I know all of us have done this more than once. I hate to say that I have but its the truth. 99% of the time we are proven wrong and that is a wonderful surprise. I'm all up for surprises! I love them! Surprise me! Treat others with RESPECT, KINDNESS, THOUGHTFULNESS, and DONT PASS JUDGEMENT. I will try my best to obey by these rules of man as I hope all of you will as well.
                                       

2 comments: