....

the random ramblings of a 20-something mommy with 2 kids. Occasionally an entry makes sense but follow me anyways and enjoy the ride :) haha!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Half Full? Half Empty?


When it comes to this concept (half full or half empty) everyone is different from the next person. Personally, I see it as half full. Although sometimes i forget! Everyone has their moments but then we get clarity and return to sanity. I've always been a happy person. I try my best not to let things get me down. I also keep a lot of things bottled inside in an effort to stay happy. You definitely can't call that true happiness but it does work for a bit. Eventually, I break down and let it all out THEN and only then do I feel truly happy. Sometimes that happiness lasts for awhile and sometimes only minutes.

I realize that last paragraph might make me sound a bit bipolar. ( Bipolar disorder is a condition in which people go back and forth between periods of a very good or irritable mood and depression. The "mood swings" between mania and depression can be very quick.) In retrospect, isn't everyone a little bit bipolar. Granted, some more than others and thankfully there are medications out there for that! In continuance, who can honestly say that they are always happy? always sad? We as human beings change our moods daily, sometimes even hourly depending on the day. 

It is better to be an Optimist than a Pessimist! Don't let the little things bring you down because how will you handle the big things that do occasionally happen? Example:

            I met someone yesterday that has no fingers and nothing below her knees. She wasn't born this way! She someone got an infection that quickly spread and in order to save her life she had to lose her fingers and half her legs. After she tells me her story and her daily struggles which are all still very new to her, she says " I'm fortunate to be alive and have what I have. One must always remember there is someone out there worse off than you!" Do you think you would have that mindset? Would you still be grateful for the little things or  angry for your losses? I don't know if I would be that strong!! God forbid I should ever find out but I hope I can have that strength she does.

Be thankful for what you have!! Remember that there is always someone less fortunate than you!

Best Wishes!!! Think Happy Thoughts!!

                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment