....

the random ramblings of a 20-something mommy with 2 kids. Occasionally an entry makes sense but follow me anyways and enjoy the ride :) haha!

Friday, September 9, 2011

9/11 How has it changed you?

September 11, 2001

            I know everyone remembers where they were that day. That terrible day changed the people of the United States, of the World forever. I was somewhat oblivious to terrorist and war at the time. I knew they existed but they hadn't affected me personally until that day. There was so much loss felt by everyone. That day, everyone had a common ground. FEAR. What safety I had felt before was gone. Now everything is viewed as a threat. The nation is constantly at war. We as a country lost so many lives and continue to lose them everyday.

            Do you think you would've been brave enough to run into that building to save others? To go up a flight of stairs that all others we're running down? Try to pull someone out of rumble that might come down on you? Could you risk your life trying to save an others? Many of you are probably thinking no but wish you could honestly say yes. This doesn't make you a bad person but that's reality. Call it being selfish but in the moment all you want is to be safe. To be honest I would be thinking about my babies. Thankfully those brave men and women faced their fears head on and saved many lives. Unfortunately, most of them lost their own lives.

           On Sunday, remember to pay tribute to all those lives lost on 9/11/01. Say a little prayer for those families who lost a brave soul that day. They have to live everyday without their loved one. It's one thing to lose someone to a sickness or old age. It is another when monsters decide to crash planes into buildings filled with innocent lives. I could only imagine what all those people were thinking. We are so blessed to have each and every day. Be thankful for what you have! If not for yourself then for those that wish you could trade with their lost loved one.

Psalm 23:4

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

16 comments:

  1. i remember i was in high school and the whole day we didnt do any work all we did was talk about what happend. it was defintly a day i will never forget

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was eating lunch.. every one was busy.. then suddenly, everyone was silent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..you prepare a table for me..
    one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will all remember September 11, 2001.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was small but I still remember I was very shocked by what was happening. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was like 12 years old when this happen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. JUST MAKES ME HATE THE GOVT MORE..

    ReplyDelete
  8. It should of never happened.. govt knew about threats

    ReplyDelete
  9. one of my teachers was cryin wen i was in school n this happend

    ReplyDelete